Service Animal (Dog) Information
All staff should note these things:
- The previous definition of a service animal as being a dog “or
in some cases, a miniature horse” is no longer the case.
It’s now just a dog.
- The two questions we’re allowed to ask haven’t changed:
- Is the dog a service animal required because of a
- What work or task has the dog been trained to perform?
- Even if the dog is a legitimate service animal that is allowed
into the VC, Café, etc., if it’s being disruptive, we can ask
that the animal be removed from the facility.
Additionally, please use the following resources regarding this
somewhat contentious and often confusing issue: